Infection Control and Safety
Infection controls and universal precautions protect clients and staff alike. Everyone benefits from rigorous infection control — you, your dentist, and the dental team. The cornerstone in a good and safe dental practice is the element of trust. You should feel free to discuss this topic with Dr. Hirschfield Louik, Dr. Chory or Dr. Racic and receive a straightforward answer. Since the mandated quarantine of 2020 we have assessed our entire infection control protocol to provide our patients with the utmost in safety and environmental protection.
Drs. Hirschfield Louik, Chory, Racic, and our entire team follow procedures recommended by several federal agencies: the Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA), the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). These measures include:
- Disinfectant hand soap and antimicrobial oral prerinse
- Health screening with thermometer and BP monitor
- PPE-Masks, Gowns, Face Shields, Gloves, Caps
- Chemical disinfection of surfaces and countertops
- Chemical disinfection with fogging of air and soft surfaces
- Room Purification Systems with HEPA filters and UV light
- Extraoral vacuums to minimize aerosols
- Steam Sterilization of all equipment before every use
- Disposable single use dental materials
- Antimicrobial disinfection of water lines.
- Weekly monitoring of devices to ensure complete sterilization
We sterilize all reusable equipment, including dental hand pieces. We use an autoclave, a device that kills bacteria and viruses by steam, heat and pressure.
The best defense against disease is information. The more you know, the better equipped you are to make wise decisions about your health care. The more you know about our daily procedures and policies, the more comfortable you will feel.